It is imperative that all workspaces should be safe for their employees. Although an injury is sometimes inevitable, however a well regulated work space can reduce the odds of such occurrences which could lead to work-related injuries. Sometimes an injury incurred at work can result in a lawsuit costing a business millions of dollar.
In order to avoid any such instances it is important for a business to obtain the AS 4801 certification. A company which is able to obtain such certification follows the general safe practices which can reduce the risk of workplace health hazard. It is generally awarded to businesses in Australia and New Zealand. Plus this certification is accepted around the globe.
Should you consider obtaining the AS 4801 certification for your business?
It is a known fact that employees feel much safer when they are working in a well regulated and safe environment. In certain Industries it is completely non-negotiable to have no workplace safety. Failure to comply with the safety measures will result in a high litigation cost and can also damage the reputation of the company or the organisation and at the same time draining its resources.
The AS 4801 is an occupational health and safety management system which ensures that a business is complying with all the world health safety laws. It helps create a safe environment for the workers and the stake holders.
There are certain rules which every business should follow in order to attain this certification. These are certain clauses which all business management system should follow. A business needs to follow a system which must meet all the requirements in order to develop the right kind of safety system. It is the right way of showing your workers and stakeholders that your business is completely committed to providing a safe workplace environment for everyone.
In order to achieve the certification a business has to make some minimum requirement. The following steps should ensure that you are able to get certified without difficulty.
- It is important for the management in an organisation to familiarise themselves with the intent of securing an IAS 4801 certification by going thoroughly through the standard.
- The management Team should be able to understand the requirements and then develop a management system based on those requirements.
- They would also need to carry out a gap analysis so that they can identify the areas which would require further improvements.
- The last and the final step is getting the certification. This is a process which involves evaluating the business and ensuring that it is compliant with the assessment in AS4801
- The certification is the final stage in which an organisation is issued the certification which confirms that they are compliant with the necessary safety standards. This certification can last three years from the date of the registration.
For more information on obtaining the IAS 4801 certification for your business in Australia and New Zealand make sure you talk to Atlas Certification.